Our KE program meets full days on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Students must be 5 years old by December 1st to qualify for Kindergarten Explorers.
- Reading: letters, writing, drawing, rhymes, stories
- Math: counting numbers, shapes, graphs, sorting, patterns, problem solving
- Spanish: common greetings, questions and phrases
- Social Studies: getting along, conflict resolution, respect, exploring God’s world
- Bible: New Testament stories, daily devotions, prayer, songs
- Science: seasons, weather, birds, insects, exploration
- Music & Movement: rhythm, instruments, singing and listening to songs
- Physical Education: running, skipping, galloping, jump rope, throwing and catching
- Students who need an extra year before starting Kindergarten may attend Kindergarten Explorers and attend Kindergarten the following year.
- Students who attend Kindergarten on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays may also attend Kindergarten Explorers on Tuesdays and Thursdays, which provides an all day, every day Kindergarten experience.
KINDERGARTEN & SPANISH IMMERSION KINDERGARTEN
Our Kindergarten and SI Kindergarten programs meet full days on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Students must be 5 years old by September 1st to qualify for Kindergarten. Spanish Immersion students follow the same curriculum standards as their English counterparts. Please see our Spanish Immersion page for more detailed information about our Spanish Immersion programs.
- Spiritual Growth: devotions and prayer, weekly Praise Service, Christian values, Biblical themes
- Bible: memory verses and bible stories
- Reading Readiness: letter formation and spacing, letter sounds, sounding out words, sight words, literature and language experiences, shared reading, journaling
- Math Readiness: shape and size attributes, position and comparison words, counting forward to 100, counting by 2s, 5s and 10s, recognizing patterns, time to the hour and ½ hour, money, measuring, graphing, estimation, addition and subtraction
- Social Skills: friendship, politeness, kindness, sharing, acceptance, respect, responsibility, developing independence
- Extra Curricular: physical education, music, library, field trips, class room art, school programs and festivals